THE GUERRA THEATRE

Opened in spring 1861, the Teatro Guerra becomes a representative sample of XIX century Lorca’s architecture. Its construction was made ​​possible by the collaboration between the council and private investors of Lorca. It was designed by architect Diego Manuel Molina from Murcia. The building has a central courtyard, stalls and amphitheater with cast iron railings and wide paradise. Originally, the ceilings were decorated by Miguel Reyes, a painter from Madrid, but because of its poor condition, they are replaced by Muñoz Barberá paintings, who has reflected the beauty and magic of the Venice’s Carnival.

 
NEXT SHOWS